Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hard Work

Its been a while since I have sat down here to collect my thoughts.  Since late November I have been dealing with an on-going knee issue, and it has been a struggle to commit to writing anything.  I have already missed two races because of my, still, mysterious knee problem and at times it has become all consuming.  I have been driven to the end of my wits trying to figure out how to fix my knee problem so I can get back to training.  I have been putting in some strength training lately, and I think that it is helping out, but I have to remember to be as patient as possible as I work back to knee health.  I was reminded of this last week when I attempted to run the last 25 of the AC course with Dom.  We started at Chantry at 2:00 feeling strong, but by the time we reached the top of Winter Creek I realized my knee wasn't in it for the long haul, so I tucked my tail between my legs and ran back to the car.  This was definitely a blow to my confidence, but on the way back down I was able to snap a few pics of the beautiful evening.









It feels like it has been a long season of dealing with this injury, and some days are better than others. Since my run with Dom I have had a couple really good runs and a couple of failures. Its apparent that it's going to take a consistant effort of hard work and nothing less. I will keep you updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment